Mental Breakthrough (Part 4)


"God, I'm so stupid!" Hector said aloud. He was pacing back and forth in Julia's room, considering the events from earlier today. He had changed into more comfortable clothes now that he could be alone. "Why couldn't I just swallow my pride and keep walking? Now I'm going to fail swap class for sure. Have I been suffering through all this for nothing? Why is being a girl so hard?" Right in the middle of rambling, someone knocked at his door.

"Hello?" a woman's voice asked from beyond his bedroom door. It was Julia's mother."May I come in?"


"Oh, hi mo-... er I mean Mrs. Robinson. Yes, please come in." She cautiously opened the door.

"I'm just checking in. I heard quite a racket from downstairs. It hurts me to hear my daughter's voice so distraught. And to see her face so unhappy."

"I know, I'm sorry," was the only thing Hector could think to say. "I'm trying my best here. Everything is just so awkward and wrong."

"You know, you may not want to hear this, but Julia would often say the exact same thing. You aren't the only one who has felt this way in that body. And not to admit to eavesdropping, but maybe you should take Julia's friends' advice. They can probably really help." With that, she smiled and left the room. Hector wasn't sure if he was ready for to take that advice to heart, but listening to Julia's mother's words did seem to help.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Zero Worries (Part 1)

Kiss Attack

Show You Mine