Extended Mission (Part 5)

Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4


Justin's social battery was quickly draining. He had been meeting with people, shaking hands, and engaging in conversation for hours now. All while keeping up appearances as a elegant and beautiful woman. Impersonating people with criminal history was hard enough, but now he was using that as a cover to gain critical intel and hopefully thwart an upcoming terrorist attack. Even holding a smile was beginning to feel exhausting, and nobody of suspicion had made an appearance. Just as he was ready to call this night a failure, he found himself in facing none other than David Peterson.


The rich businessman walked up to Justin as he reengaged his facade. "Mr. Peterson," he acknowledged the man.

"Ms. Swann," the man answered, smiling. "How nice to run into you this evening. Care to dance?" Feeling social pressure to accept the invitation and a moral obligation to pursue possible leads, he took the David's hand. They stepped together amongst the crowd of other couples, slowly dancing to the gentle music.

"I'm surprised to see you here," Justin engaged. "I thought I saw a fundraiser down the street you could launder money into."

"Sharp-tongued as ever, Agatha," he replied. "I think we both know I'm here on business. But I can't help but wonder what happened to your original plans for the evening."

"I'm a simple girl. I can't help but be around nice, shiny things. Speaking of which, how is the diamond trade going? I'd love to hear you talk more about your work." Justin was attempting to charm the man into revealing any crucial information.


After several minutes of conversational chess with no winner, an older woman walked up to the two of them. "Oh how nice to see you here, Agatha." The lady's eyes lingered on Justin's cleavage, strange behavior for a sophisticated lady to do. He kept his smile, but was inwardly concerned. Was this an associate of Agatha Swann? Was this the person of interest he was hoping to find? The lady turned to David. "Do you mind if I speak with her privately for a moment?"

"Of course," David said. Justin was noticing how her mannerisms seemed eerily familiar. After a second it finally clicked for him; it was the director of his agency, also undercover in a woman's body.

As Justin was led away from the dance floor, he finally dropped his smile. If his own boss impersonated a woman to speak with him personally, something had to be very wrong.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Zero Worries (Part 1)

Kiss Attack

Show You Mine