Mental Breakthrough (Part 5)
Hector decided to take a nice, long shower. While sitting on the floor, letting the hot water rain down onto him, he took into consideration everything he had been told since he became a girl. Advice, complaints, recommendations, insults. All of it. He wanted to actually process this information in a healthy manner, and the shower was always a place where he came up with ideas. He also took the time to get acquainted with his female body.
He had a talk with Julia's parents that evening. "I think I realized something," he told them. "I've been holding back this whole time, so of course I've been disappointed in being a girl. I never actually tried embracing being female, so I'm going to do things differently from now on."
"Well that's great," Julia's father responded. "I'm glad to hear you say that." He had been reluctant about Julia joining swap class at first, but he relented after Hector showed himself to be very respectful and intelligent in her body.
"So I've decided," Hector continued. "I'm going to get a boyfriend." He walked back to his borrowed room, leaving his temporary parents shocked, not to mention worried for their daughter.
The next day after school, Hector stalked the kind of boy he thought Julia would crush on. Tall, handsome, athletic, intelligent, creative. He wasn't sure how to flirt as a girl, since no girls had ever flirted with him. He hoped the boy would simply melt when he saw his smile. Hector intercepted the boy at an art studio, where he was surprised to see a that a girl had followed him.
"Um, hello?" the boy asked, confused.
"Hi there." Hector smiled. He nervously put one hand behind his head. "Nice weather, huh?"
"Uh, I guess," he replied. His eyes darted back and forth, not sure what to make of the situation. "Can I help you?"
"Oh, well I was just wondering if you uh..." Suddenly the words were caught in Hector's throat. There were butterflies in his stomach and his heart was fluttering. Why is this difficult? he thought. Do girls really get as nervous talking to boys as the other way around? "... if you uh... wanted to go out sometime," he finally managed to push out the words.
Comments
Post a Comment