Mental Breakthrough (Part 8)


Alternate Ending:


"We're happy to hear of the personal development you have experienced in swap class," Hector was reading aloud an email he received from his school. "Unfortunately, you have been reported as having violated multiple core tenets of the program. You are hereby charged with an improper revelation of swapped identity and engaging in prohibited degrees of physical contact.

Well, shit, Hector thought. Julia's friends and parents actually turned me in. He kept reading.

"You may challenge this ruling, provided you waive your right to receive compensation for mutual liabilities. Otherwise the decision will stand. Additionally, your swap partner, Julia Robinson, has filed for null egress."

What's with all these fancy legal terms? I thought this was just a high school class. What does 'null egress' even mean?

"Please visit your local DMV office within 30 days for proper reallocation of identifying documents. You may... wait, what?" Hector stopped reading the email as he began to understand what was going on. "Null egress means she's keeping my body? I can't be stuck as a girl. I want to go back to my life!"


10 Years Later:

"Woah, Hector? Hector is that you?" a man called out to him, but he had not heard that name used to refer to him in a long time. He slowly turned around, nervous to see who recognized him in a young woman's body.

"Holy shit, it is you! How are you doing?" The man shouted with a shocked smile. Despite the messy hair, beard, and lower vocal register, Hector recognized his own former eyes. It was Julia.

"You really want to know?" he answered sassily. "I feel weak and vulnerable every time I walk the city streets alone. I'm terrified of getting pregnant. I still don't see myself in the mirror."

Julia's smile went away. She lowered her gaze, darting her eyes back and forth. "Oh Geez, I'm sorry about that." She definitely looked guilty, yet she also had the twinge of a romantic smile. "Maybe I can help."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Zero Worries (Part 1)

Kiss Attack

Show You Mine